- VakgebiedJuridisch/ Bestuurlijk
- Type aanvraagUitzenden
- Uren per week38
Trainee Patent Attorney
For a client located in The Hague we are searching a Trainee Patent Attorney for 37.5 Hours per week. Benefits: Annual performance bonus, agile working policy, pension, 27 days holiday per annum, holiday purchase scheme Our client is Europe’s largest intellectual property specialist firms and one of only a few to offer a fully integrated IP solution, bringing over 200 Patent Attorneys, Trade Mark Attorneys and IP Solicitors.
Role Purpose: You will work alongside our team of Attorneys and fellow Trainees to support our clients in the protection of their intellectual property assets. Each role encompasses a diverse range of responsibilities and requires a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to work to deadlines along with being able to receive and act upon feedback on your work.
The training process is a challenge but one we hope you’ll relish. We offer exceptional support in helping you get there. This includes access to your own training budget, an internal tutorial program, access to our in house L&D platform and working with qualified attorneys who have a deep understanding of what it is like to be a trainee, having been there and done it in the not so long and distant past. There is so much knowledge you can tap into, including supervision from experienced partners and senior attorneys, supporting you on your journey to Dutch and European qualification.
- Supporting in the protection of client inventions and preparing documents to achieve a successful outcome;
- Drafting of patent documents for review by manager;
- Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely way;
- Construct technical arguments with a view to prosecuting patents;
- Ensuring that legal deadlines are met;
- Supporting the Partners and qualified Attorneys with a range of Patent related tasks;
- Working efficiently with the objective of achieving targets agreed with your managing Partner;
- Being a constructive and engaging member of the team;
- Work towards qualification to become a Dutch and European Patent Attorney.
Candidate Essential Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related discipline (e.g. Molecular Sciences, Molecular Life Sciences, Molecular Science & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Physics);
- Partially-qualified European Patent Attorney (EPA), or willingness to fully to become fully qualified EPA;
- Preferably: qualified (registered) Dutch Patent Attorney , or willingness to become fully qualified DPA;
- Previous experience in related positions such as scientific researcher, R&D employee, IP manager, technology transfer officer, is an advantage but not required;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Dutch and English;
- High level of attention to detail;
- A team player who is comfortable working on independent tasks;
- Ability to digest and act upon constructive feedback;
- Attitude and aptitude to want to develop your skillset.
Does this seem like an ideal position to you? Then don't wait any longer and apply directly via the button below! If you have any questions about the vacancy, please feel free to contact 070 3609922. We hope to see you soon!