- VakgebiedJuridisch/ Bestuurlijk
- Type aanvraagUitzenden
For a client located in The Hague we are searching a Patent Attorney for 37.5 Hours per week. Benefits: Annual performance bonus, agile working policy, pension, 27 days holiday per annum, holiday purchase scheme Our client is Europe’s largest intellectual property specialist firms and one of only a few to offer a fully integrated IP solution, bringing over 200 Patent Attorneys, Trade Mark Attorneys and IP Solicitors.
- Adopting a consultative approach in order to provide informed and accurate legal and technical advice to clients on all aspects of the patent lifecycle;
- Studying and analysing scientific and technical documents to assess whether an invention is new and inventive;
- Drafting patents, preparing reports for patent examiners, advising on third party patent rights and freedom to operate and working with solicitors and barristers to defend or enforce patents;
- Applying for patents from the European Patent office and Dutch patent office where applicable, presenting complicated technical arguments;
- Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely way;
- Construct technical arguments with a view to prosecuting patents;
- Ensuring that legal deadlines are met;
- Working efficiently with the objective of achieving targets agreed with your managing Partner;
- Being a constructive and engaging member of the team Candidate Essential Experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related discipline (e.g. Molecular Sciences, Molecular Life Sciences, Molecular Science & Technology, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Physics);
- European Patent Attorney (EPA), preferably with strong post-qualified experience;
- Preferably: additionally qualified as representative for national patent office(s), e.g. Dutch Patent Attorney;
- Previous in-house (industry) IP experience is an advantage but not required HGF Limited;
- Previous experience in related positions such as scientific researcher, R&D employee, IP manager, technology transfer officer, is an advantage but not essential;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English; the Dutch language is an advantage but not essential;
- High level of attention to detail;
- A team player who is comfortable working on independent tasks;
- Ability to digest and act upon constructive feedback;
- Attitude and aptitude to want to develop your skillset.
Does this seem like an ideal position to you? Then don't wait any longer and apply directly via the button below! If you have any questions about the vacancy, please feel free to contact 070 3609922. We hope to see you soon!